- Each cart comes with a colorful label on the lid that tells you exactly what goes in. If you are still unsure what is acceptable for recycling, please click here.
- All materials must be clean and dry (not bagged or boxed).
- All cardboard must be placed inside the recycling cart. Make sure the cardboard is flattened and completely inside the cart.
- No garbage or yard waste is allowed.
- Set out recycling containers no later than 6:00 a.m. on your collection day.
For more information about your collection date, visit the Waste Commission of Scott County's website by clicking here.
Recycling Collection Fee:
The recycling service is available to all Bettendorf residents who receive the city's solid waste collection service.
- Flatten all cans and containers before putting them into the cart.
- Flatten all cardboard and place it inside the cart.
- If you consistently overfill the cart, the city will deliver a second cart at no charge. Please email the Public Works Operations Division at email@example.com or call (563) 344-4088.
Park it. Point it. Give it space.
Residents with a question regarding collection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (563) 344-4088.
Leave the cart at the residence you are leaving. If you move to another home in Bettendorf and it doesn't have a cart, please email the Public Works Operations Division at email@example.com or call (563) 344-4008 for a new one.
Missing or Damaged Carts:
Residents who have a missing or damaged cart should contact Bettendorf Public Works at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (563) 344-4088 for a replacement. The cart, and its contents, are the property of the City of Bettendorf and it's against the law to remove them.