Bike & Bus Information
Every Bettendorf Transit bus is equipped with a bicycle rack than can accommodate two (2) bikes, and no special permit is required for this FREE service.
- Have the bike ready to load; remove water bottles, pumps or any loose items that might fall off BEFORE the bus arrives. It is very important to get the driver's attention before loading or unloading the bicycle.
- Squeeze the handle and pull down to release the folded bike rack.
- Lift the bike onto the rack, fitting wheels into the slots. Each slot is labeled for front and rear wheels.
- Raise and release the support arm over the top of the front tire. Make sure the support arm is resting on the tire and not the fender or frame.
- Raise the support arm off the tire. Move the support arm down, out of the way.
- Lift the bike out of the rack.
- Return the rack to the upright position if there isn't another bike on the rack.
- Always get the driver's attention before loading or unloading the bicycle.
- Always load and unload from the curb side of the street.
- Sit up front and keep an eye on the bicycle.
- Return empty rack to the upright position after removing the bicycle.