background shape

Sewer Adjustment Request

Readings for sewer charges come from Iowa American Water Company, our water provider. If you have an occurrence during which you are using more than 10,472 gallons of water outdoors for activities like watering new sod or filling a large pool, you may be eligible for a one-time (per calendar year) sewer use adjustment. Usage must occur within one billing cycle as determined by Iowa American Water. 

This adjustment is not for continuous watering. If you water outdoors regularly, you may be interested in the sewer credit program. 

If you are seeking an adjustment for a leak you have experienced inside your home, please contact Iowa American Water at 866-641-2108 and request a leak adjustment for usage. 

To request a one-time adjustment to sewer click here