Emergency Medical Services Division
The goal of the Emergency Medical Services Division is to provide immediate fire response EMS at the EMT-Paramedic Provisional level including rapid defibrillation by properly trained and certified personnel.
- To respond to all emergency and non-emergency medical requests immediately with a minimum of two (2) certified EMT's.
- To provide rapid defibrillation to victims of sudden cardiac arrest.
- To provide basic and advanced level care to medical and trauma victims.
- To provide vehicle extrication (victim removal) in situations of victim entrapment from vehicle accidents.
- To maintain and purchase equipment and supplies as needed.
- To provide personnel with an infectious disease prevention program.
- To write reports and maintain records on all victims and calls as required by the State of Iowa Department of Public Health.
- To provide CPR training programs to the public as requested.
- To develop and implement burn and injury prevention programs.
- To develop capabilities for technical rescue from confined spaces, high angle situations, trench cave-ins, and structural collapses.