The City of Bettendorf Engineering Division is responsible for planning, budgeting, design and construction management of all public improvement projects. Engineering is also responsible for ensuring that all public improvements are constructed in accordance with City standard specifications and provides technical assistance to other City departments.
Under direction of the City Engineer, the Engineering Division oversees the following:
- Design - Provide engineering design for internal City Departments and provide project management of capital improvement projects.
- Construction - Provide construction contract administration and construction field observation for public improvements and subdivision work.
- Development Review - Perform plan reviews for conformance with City standard specifications for all public improvement and subdivision projects.
- Sanitary Sewer - Manages new construction, reconstruction and repair programs for all public sanitary sewers.
- Storm Sewer - Manages new construction, reconstruction and repair programs for all public storm sewers, as well as the City's MS4 program.
- ROW Management - Review and approve permitting for private utilities requesting to locate within the City's Right-of-Way.
- Transportation Planning - In conjunction with the Community Development Department, provides long range transportation planning to support capital improvement planning and budgeting.
- Traffic Studies - Prepares, coordinates and reviews various traffic studies.
- Traffic Operations - Actively monitors and adjusts traffic signal timings and makes improvements and repairs to equipment and infrastructure.
- GIS Mapping - Maintains GIS data for public roadways, sanitary sewer and storm sewer. Prepares maps and fulfills data requests.