Bulky Waste Collection
Bulky waste includes any large household items, by their size and shape, which cannot be properly enclosed within city provided containers. Bulk items include, but are not limited to, all furniture, electronics, mattresses, box springs, white goods, gas grills, wheelbarrows, bicycles, lawn equipment, carpet and carpet padding, and all other fixtures and appliances. For a list of acceptable items for bulky waste collection, click here.
Bulky Waste Tips:
- Set out your bulky waste items by 6:00 a.m. on your recycling day.
- Bulky waste is not overflow household garbage produced in excess of the city provided container. Cardboard boxes and/or containers containing solid refuse is not considered bulky waste and will not be collected. Cardboard boxes shall be broken down to fit inside the city provided recycling cart.
- Bulky waste must be separated and at least 3 feet apart from solid waste and recycling containers (carts), and yard waste awaiting collection.
- Bulky waste awaiting collection shall be placed neatly and in as tight a stack as possible at the curb or alley line by the owner or occupant of the premises served.
- Household hazardous materials such as paint, motor oil, and medical sharps are NOT bulky waste items. These items will need to be dropped off at Household Hazardous facility located at 5640 Carey Avenue in Davenport. For more information, click here.
- Items resulting from an eviction, set-out, or foreclosure will not be collected by the City.