Fire Department Facts
The goal of the Suppression Division is to immediately respond to, confine, and extinguish fires, to immediately respond to and provide coordination and rescue during natural a man-made disasters, and to immediately respond to and assist the public in non-emergency situations.
- To immediately respond to all structural fires with a first alarm assignment of two engines, one truck, and one rescue.
- To employ modern, progressive tactics and strategies in the suppression of fires.
- To upgrade and enhance the safety of personnel by striving towards compliance with NFPA Standard 1500.
- To implement the Incident Command System on all structural fires to insure a well organized, coordinated attack.
- To provide immediate response by a minimum staffing of two on-duty paid personnel and one officer with a volunteer response of a minimum of nine personnel on all structural fires.
- To provide immediate response with trained personnel to incidents requiring water, high angle, trench and urban rescue.
- To develop waterfront and boat fire suppression capabilities.
- To develop bulk fuel plant fire suppression capabilities.
- To inspect, maintain, test, and update equipment and apparatus.
- To maintain buildings and grounds.
- To write reports and maintain records on all fire related incidents and forward to the State of Iowa Fire Marshal as required.
- To utilize the resources of the Riverdale, LeClaire and Princeton Fire Departments on fire and rescue operations when indicated due to incident magnitude.