Jillian Aschliman Director,
Bettendorf Public Library
The Bettendorf Public Library Information Center is committed to providing access to information and ideas for all.
The Bettendorf Public Library Information Center will be a recognized free community resource, serving as a gateway to life-long learning which offers a diverse spectrum of innovative services, materials and programming in support of:
- the pursuit of knowledge and information;
- the joy of reading and importance of literacy;
- social, educational, and cultural activities experienced within inviting gathering spaces;
- active engagement and collaboration with the City, schools and organizations;
The Bettendorf Public Library Information Center Board of Trustees, staff and volunteers are committed to supporting the following values:
- Access - We value free, full and equal access to information and a high quality collection of resources, library programs and services provided within welcoming and comfortable spaces.
- Learning - We value literacy, the joy of reading and life-long learning for users of all ages.
- Community - We value the library as a public forum and community meeting space encouraging open communication on a wide range of diverse ideas and information.
- Engagement - We value active engagement and collaboration with residents and community groups, enhancing the quality of life for Bettendorf residents.
- Service - We value high quality customer service, providing equal, respectful, accurate and friendly service to all.
- Intellectual Freedom - We value the privacy of library users to freely access library resources while keeping user transactions and personal information confidential.