Bettendorf Now Offers "Home Base Iowa" Incentives to Veteran Homebuyers
Those incentives include:
- $250 reimbursement for City services: The City of Bettendorf provides a $250 reimbursement credit to qualifying veteran homebuyers when they sign up for City services (such as garbage and recycling collection).
- Up to $900 reimbursement for a home warranty: The City of Bettendorf will provide reimbursement up to $900 when qualifying veteran homebuyers provide a purchase receipt of a home warranty.
- $1,500 closing costs reimbursement: Scott County provides this incentive to qualifying veterans living outside of the county who purchase a home in Scott County.
- Interview expenses reimbursement: Scott County will reimburse qualifying veterans living outside the county with a maximum of $250, up to two times, for hotel and meal costs incurred when interviewing for a job with an employer in Scott County.
- $5,000 tax credit: The credit is available for qualifying veterans purchasing a home within Scott County, provided through the State of Iowa, which is awarded at the time of closing. To be approved, the veteran’s lending institution must be affiliated with the Iowa Finance Authority. Homes purchased on or after August 1, 2021, are eligible.